I know it seems like all I do is get my nails done based on how much I write about it on this blog, but honestly, it only happens a few times a year. Unfortunately, every time I do go to the nail salon, something insane goes down, and yesterday was no exception.
Before I get into it, I have to tell you what happened to me last summer. I went to get a pedicure at the place around the corner from me and sat down at one of the pedicure chairs. If you’ve never had a pedicure, this is what the pedicure chair looks like:
As you can see, there is a bowl near the bottom that fills with water. So I’m sitting there scrolling through my phone, randomly looking up now and again to watch if the couple on HGTV will decide to flip or flop their house, while the bowl fills with water and the nail tech is getting everything ready for my pedicure. She sits down and starts to do her thing.
I’m not paying all that much attention to what she’s doing when suddenly I hear a super loud shriek. I look up and see that my nail tech is losing her shit because, apparently, she forgot to shut off the faucet that fills up the bowl of water. The water is spilling out all over the floor and by the time she can shut it down, there’s a flood.
It takes me no time at all to figure out that, as I sit there with my feet in the bowl of water, the flood water will soon reach the electrical portion of this chair and I will surely be electrocuted. I pull my feet out, frightened for my very life, while the nail tech and four of her colleagues frantically throw a million towels down all around the chair and try to soak up all the water.
Anyway, this brings me to yesterday. I’m sitting in the pedicure chair, once again minding my own business, while the nail tech is filling up the bowl with water and starting to do her initial pedicure procedures. I notice that the water level is getting kind of high, but I tell myself, “She totally knows what she’s doing. Plus, the bowl overflow couldn’t possibly happen to me twice. I mean, that’s crazy.”
I continue to mind my own business and all is well. Until three minutes later when the nail tech sitting next to mine, doing a pedicure on his own client, elbows my nail tech to show her that the water in my freaking pedicure bowl is overflowing.
Panic ensues, towels are thrown down everywhere, and I’m sitting there wondering how this could possibly happen to me twice. Am I every nail tech’s worst nightmare? Do I have bad juju in the nail industry? What is wrong with me?
Although this is quite a depressing thing to realize about myself, I refuse to end on such a bad note, so I will show you the cake that I made for my giveaway winner: