My kid came home from school the other day and told me this:
“A boy told me he ate a bicycle.”
To which I responded:
“What?!? A bicycle? That’s impossible.”
To which my kid replied:
“No, really! It’s true! It’s really, really, REALLY true!!”
I started to wonder: (a) If this kid was going to lie about something, why make up something so insanely ridiculous? Which led me to: (b) This kid is hardcore and I like it. I mean, if you’re going to lie, go big or go home.
Which then got me to wonder: Say I could make up any crazy lie and pretend that it was true to anyone who would listen. I mean, I’d have to really go for it, INSIST that it was the truth no matter what. What would I make up?
A number of options:
1. I played Kimmy Gibbler on Full House.
2. I squat 850 lbs. But that’s only on my easy days.
3. My book is being made into a movie. The lead role will be played by Gobo Fraggle (of Fraggle Rock fame. Duh). I like his range.
4. My other car is a Bugatti. I just like to slum it with my minivan.
5. I’m installing a moat around my house.
6. I’m constructing an Iron Man suit in my basement. If anyone has some extra palladium lying around, I call dibs.
7. My cat is actually a Hobbit. That’s why I tell anyone who comes over that she’s “hiding” and won’t come out.
So if you could make up anything about yourself, what would it be?
Image from DerickG.