Here are all the things I’ve done in the past 20 minutes to avoid sitting down and writing this blog post:
1. Ate some chocolate.
2. Walked to the mailbox at the end of the driveway. Very slowly. Even though the mail doesn’t come for another two hours.
3. Inserted my orthotics into a new pair of boots I bought to see if they’d make them more comfortable. OMG. I can’t believe that sentence is about me.
4. Reflected on the fact that the sales guy who helped me buy aforementioned boots at Nordstrom called me all of the following: Miss Meredith (3-4 times), sweetie (2 times), dear (1 time).
5. Further reflected on the fact that the sales guy was wearing a skull ring.
6. Pet my cat. May or may not have spoken to her in baby talk.
7. Changed my shirt. Just because.
8. Daydreamed about having my own account at my local cheese shop just like the Barefoot Contessa. Realized I don’t know any local cheese shops. Felt unfancy.
And voilà! Another stellar blog post to go down in the annals of this century.
Image from Bikerringshop.com.