Yesterday, my husband and I celebrated our anniversary. We went to one of our favorite restaurants and literally ate the BEST thing we’ve ever eaten. THIS:
More specifically, crispy potato gnocchi in a four-cheese fondue sauce with burgundy truffle. It was so utterly amazing that the following things happened:
1. My husband and I unanimously agreed that this meal needed to be blogged about.
2. Our server asked me if I liked the gnocchi and I screamed, “OMG! It’s so amazing I’m taking a picture of it!” and afterwards I felt embarrassed.
3. My husband and I both sat there in silence, eyes closed, chewing our gnocchi so as to not be distracted by our other senses.
4. We decided that the gnocchi was a study in contrasts. First, we decided it was both heavy and light. Then we agreed it was simple yet complex. Then we started throwing things out there like, “It’s pretty AND ugly! Good AND evil! IT’S EVERYTHING OPPOSITE!!”
5. We stopped talking and ate some more with our eyes closed.
It’s been 13 years, and I swear we haven’t aged a day: